Intimacy problems widely occur behind a variety of closed doors. Conflicts may include a loss of harmony and closeness, a lack of sexual desire and/or failure in communication.
What Makes a Satisfactory Relationship?
• Mutual Respect
Some of the signs that intimacy issues are affecting a relationship include:
• Disappointment in oneself or the relationship
• One or both partners are feeling dissatisfied
• Couples lack communication and disconnect from one another
• One or both partners feel neglected or unwanted
• A feeling of sexual boredom or unhappiness
Steps to take for treating intimacy issues begin with:
• Relationship Counseling: healthy relationships require strong connections and time to build trust. Whatever the issue may be, a counselor can work with individuals together or separate to overcome the problem.